Opening files and folders on Windows isn’t at all tough effort. Just double-click on any folder and you’re in. If you want to resist double-click execution speed, you can modify the speed by going to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers Settings > Double Click Speed and adjusting the slider.
Apart from this, there is a way to open files and folders with a single click instead of a double click.
Steps to Open Files/Folders With a Single Click
- Go to Control Panel and search for Folder Optionsusing search option
- Then click on Folder Options, a new window will appear
- In the new window, click on the tab labeled General.
- Find the section called Click items as follows.
- Mark the checkbox next to Single-click to open an item.
- Two default grayed-out options will now be available belowSingle-click to open an item. Make sure you mark the checkbox next to Underline icon titles only when I point at them.
- Click Applyto save your changes.
If you anytime want to use the double-click option, then follow the above steps choose Double-click to open an item instead.
Once you changed your system settings to open files and folders with a single-click instead, you can drop your opinion, along with any query about the process, in the below comment box.